Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Why I chose Thor and Shame Theory

Originally, I had chosen Thor and Shame theory because of the one scene that stuck out in my head: when he is banished from Asgard. I thought it would be an easy paper since that scene is clearly a shame event. I decided to keep my film choice after I had re-watched Thor while having the shame theory knowledge I had gained through brief research. I was surprised at how many other shame events occur in the film, and how crucial they are to the characters in the film. I also was interested in doing shame theory because in our critical model packet, it says that shame events are so major because they control all other emotions, which I didn’t realize until I actually saw a shame event in the film and the reactions of the characters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment